Skateboarding is a recreational sport that involves a board on wheels. Skateboards have come a long way from what they once were and are no safer than ever to cater for any age and any experience level. Oftentimes the best skateboards for beginners are ones that offer stability by way of a long deck that comes in varying sizes to fit the height of the skateboards and the material used to construct the deck. Today more people are opting for plastic skateboards because they are light and easy for a beginner to make the transition to surfing on the ground when compared to wooden decks that are still popular for advanced skateboarders because of the offer more control which is important for doing tricks. The wheels on skateboards are usually made with PU, which allows the board to maintain its stability. Below are the top 10 skateboards for beginners.
10. NPET Pro Skateboard Complete
It is a great starter board that offers beginners steady comfort as they gain confidence on the board. The board is sturdy once the wheels are tightened and the urethane on the wheels makes it a smooth ride. It comes with a carrying case for easy carry. The board is constructed with a thermal transfer film that allows the pattern to remain on instead of the usual sticker that falls off.
- It also has a durable deck constructed with 7-layers of maple wood and a cover grip tape across the top of the deck giving it long service life.
- It also has a non-slip surface design that makes it safe during riding and helps beginners with balance.
- It comes in one size 31” x 8” with 2.1” wheel diameter and can hold up to 440 lbs.
9. KPC Pro Skateboard Complete
This skateboard comes in fourteen designs. It is a popular board among pro skateboarders and is considered the best upgrade from a rookie skateboard. It is designed for use in skate parks vs the street which makes it a competitor’s skateboard vs a leisure skateboard. It is highly durable and comes pre-assembled, although some adjustments may be needed to ensure safety.
- The KPC pro skateboard measures at 8.0” x 32”.
- It comes with heavy-duty aluminum 5.0 trucks making it ideal for the skatepark and tricks.
- It has 52mm 99A high rebound urethane wheels which precision speed Abec 7 bearings and high tensile Phillips head mounting hardware.
- It also has 80 grit black grip tape and is industry standard compliant.
Other Topics: Top 10 All-Terrain Wheelchairs Reviews In 2020
8. M Merkapa 31” Pro Complete Skateboard
The Merkapa skateboard is designed and shaped for lifts and tricks. It is an ideal choice for a beginner who would like to cultivate their passion for skateboarding and hone their skills on the board. The board measures a 31 inches long by 8 inches wide deck that is made from super flex Canadian maple that makes it a great choice for a professional skater. It comes with a heavy-duty high impact deck that has a full length non-slip black grip tape with thermal transfer print to maintain the integrity of the artwork. It also has 95A PU cast small wheels with ABEC-9 bearings and 5” aluminum alloy trucks.
- It has a maximum load of 198lbs. The board comes with adjustment tools to help with perfecting the ride to standard.
7. WHOME Pro Skateboard Complete
This board is a great choice for adults, teenagers, pre-teens, and anyone that is a beginner. It comes in 10 color options featuring different designs. It has a 31 x 8-inch full-size concave deck, with a 53x36mm PU wheels for added comfort. It has an 18 wheelbase and can carry up to 220lbs. The double kick design makes it suitable for tricks and the sturdy deck constructed from premium 8 layer alpine hard rock maple word with premium grip tape offering better control during skating and when playing tricks.
- The skateboard comes equipped with a sturdy 5 inch truck with a medium carbon steel shaft inside and an electroplate outside.
6. WiiSHAM Skateboards Pro
This skateboard comes in 6 colors. It is great for beginners of all ages. It is especially ideal for beginners because it comes fully assembled and ready for use. It is sturdy offering balance and confidence for first-time skateboarders.
- It is constructed with 7 layer maple, giving it durability and comes with a 31” x 8 “ deck for balance and support.
- It has 54x37mm wheels with ABEC-9 bearings.
5. Retrospec Alameda Skateboard
Is a skateboard designed for all riders, from casual riders who want to use it for strolls to dedicated skateboarders who are honing their craft and skill with tricks and extensive usage? This high caliber board is built to allow the rider to cruise the concrete with confidence.
- It is constructed using sturdy and stable 31×8 inch 7 ply Canadian maple offering a deck that is responsive and comfortable for any ride.
- The grip tape and moderate concave design give the board flick and control for new tricks and a stead hold for beginners.
- It has 5.5 aluminum alloy trucks with carbon steel kingpins and polyurethane that lend grit.
4. Magneto Mini Cruiser Skateboard
This skateboard was designed and constructed for everyday skaters. It is fun to ride and portable making it a go-to board for anyone who skates everywhere. It is constructed using Canadian Maple and comes with a 27.7×7.5 inch deck and an 18.5-inch wheelbase.
- The board is ideal for double kick tails with its asymmetric front and back kick tails.
- It also has bold graphics to add to the style and appeal of the board.
3. Amrgot Skateboards Pro
This skateboard comes in 6 colors and is ideal for beginners of all ages. It is constructed using 8ply of high-quality maple which offers great flexibility and durability. The aluminum alloy stent offers great support and high quality.
- It comes equipped with 54x37mm poly-urethane wheels for a comfortable smooth ride.
- The ABEC-9 bearings offer high speed for a confident ride.
2. CCS Skateboard
This skateboard comes fully assembled with tools and stickers. It is offered in 7 colors with a true twin symmetrical shape that is optimum for cruising and tricks.
The deck is constructed using high-quality maple wood giving the rider stability and flexibility.
- It is ideal for both beginners and pros.
1. Penny Australia x Star Wars
It is the best skateboard for beginners and all skateboarders. Unlike most skateboards, the penny skateboards are constructed from plastic and not wood, which increases their durability and flexibility. This skateboard offers the rider great balance and confidence with the correct fit since it comes in two sizes. It comes fully assembled with 4-star wars designs to appeal to fans. It comes in two sizes 22 and 27 inches offering durability with a lifetime warranty.
- It offers premium smooth cruising with 59mm and 83A durometer wheels.
- It also has high-quality color codes ABEC 7 stainless steel bearings.
- Designed for high performance or leisure, this skateboard makes for a great ride.