As car speakers age, their magnets lose some power making the speakers ineffective. Another case is where the speaker gets damaged. Depending on the level of damage of the magnet, the speaker may fail to produce sound. On the other hand, if the speaker’s dome is torn or punctured, it will produce an ugly distorted sound that is unpleasant to hear. If you’re experiencing either of those scenarios or you simply want to upgrade the speaker system of your vehicle, you have come to the right place. We’ve taken it upon ourselves to compile a review of top 8 of the best car audio speakers in Let’s get into it below:
8. Kenwood KFC-6995PS Car Audio Speakers
Nowadays, most electric gadgets are super-lightweight which gives the impression that they are counterfeit. Well, not the Kenwood KFC-6995PS. These speakers come in pairs and have a nice weight to them which gives the feeling that they are potent. Once you install them in your car, the first impression you had of them holds. A few cranks of the volume and your ears start to enjoy the quality sound. The most impressive thing about them is that no matter how high you raise the volume, the sound remains well-balanced and you don’t get sound distortion, unlike other speakers.
- Max power: 1300W per 4-pack
- Max RMS power: 250W per 4-pack
- 1/2″ PET balanced dome tweeter
- 1/2″ super PET dome tweeter
- 3/8″ ceramic tweeter
- Steel black basket reduces noise cancellation
- 1 Year Warranty
- Cheap Gaming Desk Reviews
- Lactose-Free Whey Protein Reviews
- Best Baby Walker Reviews
- Stainless Steel Cookware Reviews
7. Pioneer Car Speakers | TS-A1676R
The Pioneer TS-A1676R is one of the favourite speaker choices for most automotive audio professionals. While the bass of these speakers is somewhat limited, they do produce a nice deep growl. That said, these speakers deliver crisp, clear sound, especially when blasting mid and high sounds from your car stereo.
- Type: 3-Way design
- Diameter: 6.5 Inch Speakers
- RMS Power: 100 Watts per Four Pack
- Max Power: 640 Watts per Four Pack
- Frequency Response: 32Hz-40 kHz
- Item Weight: 7.7 pounds
6. JBL GTO609C Speaker System
The JBL GTO609C series are high-fidelity speakers that are all about enhancing the sound quality of your car. If you are a bass-head or audiophile, these set of speakers are a nice upgrade to your old stereo system. This is because their carbon-injected cones have a large surface area which allows air to move across them resulting in a deeper bass. The best part is that they come in pairs and thanks to their innovative I-Mount system, they are easy to install.
- Type: Carbon-injected cones
- Diameter: 6.5 Inch Speakers
- Max Power: 270 Watts
- Soft-dome tweeters with oversized voice coils
- Patented I-Mount system for easy installation
- Item Weight: 6.2 pounds
5. Genius GPRO-M0165 Car Audio Speaker
If you are a bass-head and are looking to upgrade the audio system of your vehicle, the Genius GPRO-M0165 series represents an exciting choice that’s worth consideration. Not only is this mid-range speaker built to last but it is also among the most powerful speaker in its class. It boasts a powerful N38 Neodymium magnet, a lightweight aluminium basket and large-surface paper cone that work in tandem to produce balanced, crisp, clear sound.
- Type: N38 Neodymium Magnet (90x45x6mm)
- Material: Aluminum Basket, Paper Cone – Surround Cloth
- Diameter: 6.5 Inch Speakers
- Max RMS Power: 120W
- Max power: 300W
- Frequency Response: 200Hz – 8KHz
- Resistance: 4 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 98dB Sensitivity
- Weight: 5.8 pounds (pair)
4. Pioneer TS-165P + TS-695P Car Audio Speakers
If you want to overhaul the entire speaker system for your car, you will be glad to learn that the Pioneer TS-165P + TS-695P comes as a set of two pairs of midrange speakers. Combined, this set of speakers produces a maximum power of 430W. All four speakers in this series boast a powerful magnet and a fiber cone that is laced with carbon graphite. You will only appreciate their power and quality sound once you install them. They produce a quality surround sound with excellent sensitivity to bass and treble.
- Comes in a set of two pairs
- Type: 2-Way Speakers, 3-Way Speakers
- Power: 2-Way Speakers – 200W, 3-Way Speakers – 230W
- Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Material: Aramid Fiber Cone that is interlaced with Carbon Graphite IMPP
- Lightweight, Elastic Polymer Surround
3. Kicker 43DSC69304 D-Series Car Audio Speakers
If you need 6X9” speakers, the Kicker 43DSC69304 D-Series speakers are the recommended choice. They come as a pair and with a peak power of 360 Watts, you don’t need to install an amplifier to boost the sound output of your stereo. One thing to note is that these speakers are biased to produce bass over treble as is with all Kicker speakers. As a bass-head, you will appreciate the deep bass, but if you are a true audiophile, you can install tweeters to enhance the sound sensitivity of your audio system.
- Type: 6×9″ 3-Way Speakers
- Peak Power: 360 watts
- Peak RMS Power: 70 watts
- Zero-to-Minimal Tweeter Protrusion
- Impedance: 4-Ohm
2. KICKER 43CSC654 CSC65 Car Audio Speakers
Kicker speakers are known for their bass bias, and that reputation extends to the 43CSC654 model. The thing that makes this set of speakers special is their ability to deliver a well-balanced sound of ultra-clean bass and crisp, clear treble. These speakers utilise their heavy-duty bass magnets and lightweight tweeter magnets that feature EVC (Extended Voice Coil) technology to achieve this feat. With peak power of 600 watts, you can choose only to replace the front speakers of your vehicle and still notice a vast improvement in sound quality.
- Diameter: 6.5″
- Woofer Size: 6.5” (160 mm)
- Tweeter Size: 0.5” (13 mm)
- Material: Neodymium Magnet, PEI (polyether imide), Polypropylene and Polyester Foam
- DC Resistance: 3.3 ohms.
- Peak Power: 600 Watts per pair
- Peak RMS Power: 200 Watts per pair
- Sensitivity: 90 dB @ 1W, 1m.
- Effective Frequency Range: 40Hz – 20kHz
1. Rockford Fosgate R165X3 Car Audio Speakers
If you are a daily driver and are looking to upgrade your car’s audio system, it does not get better than the Rockford Fosgate R165XThis pair of speakers produces a peak power of 180 Watts which is enough power to listen to your favourite music even when cruising the motorway with your windows down. The Fosgates R165X3 are our favourite speakers for many reasons. First, they are super-easy to install. Secondly and most importantly, their level of sensitivity is unparalleled in their class. They provide the perfect balance between bass and treble. Lastly, they are well-built meaning that even at high volumes, you won’t any hear any sound defections.
- Type: 3-way CEA-2031 Compliant Speakers
- Peak Power: 180w per pair
- Peak RMS Power: 45w each
- 0.5″ Silk Dome Piezo Tweeter
- Mounting Depth: 2-3/16″
- Item Weight: 9.7 pounds
If you have gotten to this part without skipping any of the products, we are confident you have shortlisted a few speakers that meet your requirements. For those that have skipped the majority of the products, we recommend the Rockford Fosgate R165X3 as the best speaker. However, if the Rockford Fosgate R165X3, you can take solace in knowing that all the other speakers are just as good and will serve you well. In conclusion, whatever speaker you pick, it will be an upgrade to your current speakers, and you will get to enjoy your favourite audio while driving.