Unlike the traditional table-top sound units, ceiling speakers have been the ideal option for minimizing space and reducing clutter in your home. Their slim design and appearance make them least noticeable when mounted on your wall or ceiling. The best models would even blend with your home décor when you repaint them. Besides, some would assume the appearance of the lighting fixture. Here is a review of some of the top 8 ceiling speakers.
8. JBL 8128 | Full-range In-Ceiling Loudspeaker
JBL’s 8128 model brings elegance and class into your regular commercial sound system. With an open-back design, this speaker is suitable for any application, which does not require a back-can for installation. It is the best ceiling speaker ceiling for mounting on your restaurant or café. The set-up includes four speakers with low power output. 8128 produces clean audio quality and is still great when used as a surround speaker. Typically, any sound unit with a sensitivity of more than 92 decibels has an excellent listening level. The high sensitivity rating makes this system louder at minimal power wattage.
- High-sensitivity of up to 97dB for maximum power efficiency
- Dog-ears for easy installation
- Four-full-range speakers
- A frequency range of 50Hz – 16kHz
- 90˚ conical coverage
- Best Shoes For Heel Pain Reviews
- Stainless Steel Frying Pan Reviews
- Car Seat Covers Baby Winter Reviews
- Cheap Vlogging Camera Reviews
7. Acoustic Audio CS-IC83 In Ceiling 8” Home Theatre
CS-IC83 has a wide range of applications. You can either install it as an in-wall or in-ceiling home sound system. It is a great speaker for both indoor and outdoor activities including decks, pools, patios, boat audio installation, and other commercial or industrial applications. For this reason, CS-IC83 is among the best ceiling speakers you can buy. What makes this model stand out is its perfect design, which attests to the unbeatable performance and durability. Being weatherproof, CS-IC83 can be installed anywhere. Moreover, you can choose to repaint the grills and frames to the colour of your choice.
- Frequency response range of 40 Hz – 20kHz
- High-sensitivity rating of 95dB for excellent sound levels
- Butyl rubber surrounds for durability
- 3-way passive crossovers enhance the sound quality and minimize distortion
- Soft dome tweeters for producing high audio frequencies within the human hearing limit
- Poly-mica midranges
6. Micca M-8C 8-Inch 2-Way In-Ceiling In-Wall Speaker
This unit is quite an impressive sound system, which you can mount at the ceiling or wall as a surround speaker. At a price below the hundred dollar mark, Micca’s M-8C is undoubtedly among the best ceiling speakers. This woofer matches up a variety of home, industrial, or commercial applications. It includes a polypropylene woofer and a soft dome tweeter, which are integrated through a crossover network. The poly-mica woofer produces high-quality bass output, without the need for a subwoofer.
- Sensitivity rating of 90dB
- Frequency response within the normal human hearing range (40Hz – 20kHz)
- Poly-mica dome
- Silk dome tweeters for clean audio frequencies
- 6dB crossover network, integrating the tweeter and woofer
- Built-in mounting tabs
5. Pyle PDIC60T 6.5” Ceiling Wall Mount Speakers
Whether you are after some background music or powerful audio in your apartment, shop, office, or restaurant, be sure to get it from this unit. With convenient wire terminals, you can install it either as an in-wall or in-ceiling speaker. For this reason, it made it to our list of the best ceiling speakers. Featuring a 70V transformer, PDIC60T will control the system’s impedance and minimize possible power loss from the speaker cables. It is an excellent unit for audiophiles who prefer calm and background music.
- 250-watts peak power
- A frequency response of 66Hz – 22kHz
- 8-ohm impedance for use with standard home audio receivers
- Titanium dome tweeter for a high-frequency output
- High-temperature voice coil
- Midbass woofer
4. Pyle Home PIC8E 300-Watt High-End 8-Inch Two-Way In-Ceiling Speaker
What makes PIC8E sound system stand out among its competitors is the built-in treble control feature. At least, it gives you an alternative of adjusting the voice notes depending on the bass frequency ranges. Installing it is a breeze, thanks to mounting hardware, low profile and the cut-out components. Though the package comes with a pair of speakers, you can buy a couple of them to install in different rooms. Doing so allows you to enjoy uninterrupted music even as you move from one room to the next. Therefore, PIC8E is the best ceiling speaker that’s worth a purchase.
- Polypropylene cone with high damping to guarantee high-frequency output
- Silk dome tweeter to deliver full sound
- Sensitivity rating of 88dB
- 300-watt power output
- Frequency response range of 35Hz to 20kHz
- Built-in mounting hardware for quick installation
- 4-8 ohm impedance
- Adjustable treble controls
3. Monoprice Caliber In-Ceiling Speakers
If you are within a tight budget, but still want an excellent ceiling speaker for your living room, Monoprice sound system is an odds-on chance. It delivers superior sound and clear vocals with little to no distortion. The unit is suitable for use as a stand-alone home theatre or Surround speakers for an existing set-up. Due to its versatility, Caliber 104103 made it to the top 8 best ceiling speakers.
- DuPont woven Kevlar fibre cone for less sound distortion
- Paintable grill, which you can customise to blend with your décor
- Titanium silk dome tweeters for clear audios and good sound projection
- Pivoting tweeters enable you to position the speaker to your hearing level
- 120-watt peak power
- 8-ohm impedance, which is compatible with ordinary home theatre receivers
- Adjustable crossover switch
- Frequency response range of 55Hz to 20kHz
- 88dB sensitivity rating
2. Polk Audio RC60i 2-Way In-Ceiling Speakers
Polk Audio RC60i is specifically for audiophiles who want to upgrade their listening experience by enjoying a well-balanced sound across all the rooms. It features dynamic balance drivers and a directional tweeter, which provide a full sound dispersion with even coverage. You can also install them in several places for better audio quality and continuous music. This sound system is inarguably the best ceiling speaker. Another great thing about the installation is that it mimics the look of a lighting fixture. Besides, you can repaint it to match with your home décor.
- Polymer cone
- Rubber surround with high damping for durability
- 89dB sensitivity rating
- 40Hz – 20kHz frequency response
- Adjustable low passive crossovers for reducing sound distortion
- 8-ohm impedance
- Soft dome tweeter
- Pivoting tweeters to match with your listening position
1. Yamaha NSIC800WH 140-Watts 2-Way RMS Speaker
Topping our list of the best ceiling speakers is this model from Yamaha.NSIC800 features a swivel tweeter, which directs sound straight to your ears with even distribution.The stepped speaker surround is responsible for eliminating mid-high frequency peaks, hence, delivering smooth and crystal-clear audios as original as they sound. For perfection, you can still hook them up with a subwoofer or an existing home theatre.
- Maximum frequency response range of 2.8kHz
- 8-ohm impedance
- Polypropylene mica cone woofer
- Fluid-cooled soft dome swivel tweeter for maximum frequency output
- Sensitivity rating of 90dB
- A sealed back cover for protecting the speaker from dust and moisture
Ceiling speakers are great sound systems that you can incorporate in your home theatre. For as long as you understand your needs, you’ll still fall for the best without paying more. Even with their slim design, they are as reliable as regular loud speakers. At least, you can buy several pairs and install them in different rooms to enjoy non-stop music as you move from one end to another.