When you think of bunk beds, you might automatically associate them with younger children. However, they can be great for people of all ages. They are great for college-age people or if you tend to host a lot of people but don’t have a ton of bedrooms. However, you won’t be able to get the typical bunk beds that are made for little kids. You will want to invest in heavy-duty bunk beds if any adults or bigger kids will be using them. Luckily, since there has been more demand for these types of beds, there is plenty to chose from.
10. Mecor Metal Bunk Bed Twin Over Twin
This bunk bed is made out of 100% steel for a solid frame that will provide maximum support for whatever twin mattresses you choose to use. The design of this bunk bed could be classified as contemporary, which means it will match most modern-styled homes. It comes with a removable ladder with widened pedals for easier climbing and a high guardrail for extra safety.
- The company that sells this bunk bed has amazing customer service and is happy to help with any problems you may have.
9. Metal Bunk Bed, Twin Over Twin Bunk Bed with Safety Guard Rails
If you are looking for a bunk bed that will be able to withstand the test of time, then this is the bunk bed for you. It can hold up to 240 pounds on both the upper and lower bed. You also won’t need a box spring because of the sturdy design that prevents your mattress from sagging. It is very easy to put together and comes with ample room underneath for storage.
- This bunk bed will be able to last you a long time because of the wear-resistant finish that is placed on the strong metal frame.
- Top 10 Captains Beds Full Reviews In 2020
- Top 10 Full Size Captains Beds Reviews In 2020
- Top 10 Twin Bed Tents Reviews In 2020
- Top 10 Low Profile Bed Frames Reviews In 2020
8. Giantex Metal Bunk Bed Twin Over Twin, Removable Ladder and Safety Guard Rails
The Giantex Metal Bunk Bed is super easy to assemble and has full-length guardrails so you can sleep with ease. There is a ladder that can be attached to either end, which means that you can put your bunk bed wherever you want without worrying about the ladder. You will be able to assemble this bunk bed in less than an hour because of the instructions that come with illustrations, as well as every pin and screw having its own code.
- The thing that makes this one of the best heavy-duty bunk beds is the fact that you can use it as two single twin beds or bunk beds without a lot of effort.
7. Layee Metal Bunk Bed Twin Over Twin Heavy Duty Bed Frame
This bunk bed can withstand quite a bit of weight for a bunk bed. The lower bunk can hold up to 330 pounds, while the upper one can hold up to 225 pounds. It even comes with brackets so you can mount it to the wall for extra stability. This bunk bed may be a bit more difficult to assemble and could take up to three hours.
- You will have some time to test this product.
- If you don’t love it, the company offers a 30-day free return along with a three-year quality warranty.
6. Steel Bunk Bed Twin Over Twin with Trundle, JULYFOX Modern Metal Bed Frame Heavy Duty
If you are someone who hosts a lot of friends and family for overnight stays, then this is the bunk bed for you. You get three places for mattresses instead of just two, underneath the lower bunk is a trundle bed. It is relatively easy to assemble, just make sure that you don’t tighten the screws until you have the bed frame installed. After it is installed, go through and tighten them up.
- This bunk bed will save you a lot of space and it blends nicely with most styles.
5. Twin Over Full Bunk Bed with Stairs and Storage Loft Save Space Heavy Duty
Unlike a lot of the other heavy-duty bunk beds, this one is made out of sturdy pine wood. This gives it a classier look and makes it look more mature. It can easily be separated to one twin-sized bed and one full-sized bed. Another way that this bunk bed is different than other ones is because instead of a ladder it has four easy to climb stairs.
- One of the best things about this bunk bed is the fact that it comes with a one year warranty.
4. Full Over Full Bunk Bed Metal Frame Bunk Bed with Safety Rail
This is another bunk bed that is a lot more aesthetically pleasing than some of the other ones. It has a black steel frame but this is styled with natural, wood-grain MDF board. The frame is coated with a rust-proof finish to increase the life of this frame. Plus, it is super easy to assemble by yourself.
- This bunk bed is great for adults since you can place two full-sized beds on it.
3. Bunk Bed Twin Over Twin 500 LB Heavy Duty, JULYFOX 2 Wood Bed Frames
The JULYFOX 2 is another bunk bed that is made out of wood and it has an espresso finish. It can hold up to 500 pounds. Safety shouldn’t be a concern with this frame because of the full-length side guard rails and the secure ladder. The wood slats are included which means you won’t need to invest in a box spring as well.
- Like most bunk beds, it can be separated into two twin beds.
- However, this one is unique because both beds will have a headboard and footboard.
2. Costzon Twin Over Twin Loft Bed, Metal Frame with Ladder Guard Rail
This minimalistic bunk bed is great for a teen’s room or just the guest room. It is made out of heavy-duty material for the safest frame. You will be able to use it for many years to come because of the design, that has been proven by science, will be able to last for a long time. The assembly for this frame is very simple but you will want to have two people working on it, just to make things easier.
- This company has taken the time to update their packaging to reduce the possibility of you getting any damaged goods.
1. Steel Bunk Bed Twin Over Twin, JULYFOX Modern Metal Bed Frame 550 lb Heavy Duty with Stairs Side Guard Rails
With this bunk bed frame, you will have the choice between black, silver, or white. It will be able to hold up to 550 pounds, with 250 on the top bunk and 300 on the bottom bunk. There is plenty of room underneath the bottom bunk. Some people put a trundle bed there, while others use it to tuck away unused toys or clothes.
- When it comes to ordering furniture, sometimes it can take a while to be delivered.
- This bunk bed will be delivered in one to five days is you are located in the USA.