HVAC systems are one of the largest pieces of equipment that people have for their homes. There is quite a bit of maintenance that goes into the upkeep of these machines. One thing that is crucial for keeping it up and running would be an HVAC vacuum pump. It can be tricky to learn how to use it at first. However, if you are able to purchase your own and learn how to use it, you will be saving a lot of money down the road. You may even end up helping out your friends and family after they learn that you know how to clean their HVAC. If you are looking to purchase an HVAC vacuum pump, but don’t know which one to choose, here are the top 10 that you should consider.
10. Vacuum Pump, 4.0 cfm, 1/2 HP, 10 Microns
This pump weighs about 22 pounds and comes with a 6-foot cord so it is pretty easy to work with. It is a rotary vane pump and comes with a bottle of vacuum pump oil for easy set-up. There is oil included when you purchase this pump and it can hold up to 15 and a half ounces of oil. It is a high-quality pump compared to some of the other ones that you will find in this price range.
- There are multiple ports that help to reduce downtime while you are using it.
9. Robinair 15800 VacuMaster Economy Vacuum Pump – 2-Stage
Robinair has been in this industry since 1956, so you know you will be getting a great product. This one is designed for commercial refrigeration use, has an 18.6 oil capacity, and non-skid feet. It has been factory-rated to 40 microns. This pump also has a unique inlet fitting that allows maximum airflow while preventing any oil from backflowing.
- There is an oil drain valve conveniently positioned at the bottom of the reservoir for faster and better draining.
8. Uniweld U5VP2 Two Stage Vacuum Pump
The Uniweld U5VP2 Two Stage Vacuum Pump has a factory micron rating of 15 microns and dual intake fittings. This machine can run a little hot so that is something to be mindful of when you are using it. That is because it has a lower decibel fan, so it isn’t as loud as some of the other pumps. It has a wide base with rubber feet to help keep it stable while it is in use.
- It has a dual voltage selector switch so you can choose between 110V or 220V of power.
7. VEVOR Rotary Vane Vacuum Pump 12CFM 1HP Double Stage HVAC Auto AC Refrigerant Air Vacuum Pump Wine Degassing Milking Medical Food Processing Air Conditioning Vacuum Pump
This is a two-stage rotary vane vacuum pump that has free air displacement. It uses a filtered oil to keep the internal bearings cool and reduce the amount of maintenance you will have to do. This pump has aluminum housing and a cooling fan that keeps it cool and allows it to be quieter while it is running. It can be used for automobile reparation, gas analysis, printing mechanism, medicine mechanism, as well as, vacuum packaging, freezing, and other evacuations.
- You will be able to easily transport this because of the rubber, easy to hold handle.
6. JB Industries DV-6E Eliminator 6 CFM Vacuum Pump
The Eliminator is one of the pricier options on this list. However, it is one of the best ones that you can invest in. It is small enough that you can use it for personal use but has enough power that it can be used for business.
- This is one of the few vacuum pumps that is made in the United States of America, in Aurora, Illinois.
5. Fieldpiece Black Vp85 Two-Stage 8 Cfm Vacuum Pump
This American-made product pulls around 136 microns on average and is very easy to use. It uses propellants that will deliver consistent performance and is made out of heavy-duty materials, so it will be able to last you many years to come. You can easily wrap the cord around the handle for easy storage while you are not using it.
- With the reservoir window, you will be able to check the condition of the oil with ease so you know when it needs to be changed without having to disassemble the whole pump.
4. VIVOHOME 110V 1/2 HP 5 CFM Dual Stage Rotary Vane HVAC Air Vacuum Pump with Oil Bottle
If you are looking for a small, inexpensive pump to keep around your house for recharging or self-diagnosing AC systems, then this is the pump for you. It has a voltage of 110V, holds up to 500ml of oil, and weighs approximately 21.4 pounds. This is the ideal pump for automotive air conditioning, refrigeration, and HVAC work.
- The most notable thing about this pump would be the fact that it is so affordable.
3. JB Industries DV-4E Eliminator 4 CFM Vacuum Pump
This Eliminator has a 1725 RPM capacitor start motor, along with thermal overload protection. When you fill it up with oil, there will be no guesswork. It has an easy-to-see sight glass that ensures you will get the proper amount of oil into your pump. Even though this pump is compact, it still offers a ton of power and can be used for the toughest jobs. It does have a tethered safety cap, so if you are transporting this pump regularly, you do not need to worry about spilling any oil. The heavy-duty chrome plating also helps when it comes to transporting this pump.
- This pump requires very little effort to set up and start using.
2. HFS (R Vacuum Pump Double Stage 12CFM; 340 L/min; 110V/60HZ; Inlet Port: 1/4″ and 3/8″ SAE; Ultimate Vacuum
There are a few different sizes that you can choose from when purchasing this pump. The most common would be the double stage with 12 CFM. This one has 110V or 60hz of energy and 15 microns of total pressure. You will have to oil this pump before using it, it could take almost two bottles of oil. The instructions are pretty complicated when it comes to setting up this pump. However, once it is set up, you will have a strong vacuum that will start up quickly.
- You will get a six-month warranty when you purchase this vacuum pump.
1. BACOENG Professional Vacuum Pump & Manifold Gauge Set – HVAC A/C Refrigeration Kit – Diagnostic R12
This is the ideal pump for beginners and professionals alike. It has a professional four-valve manifold set and requires no additional adaptors. This one has a four-way system as opposed to the typical three-way system. It comes with four different charging hoses, two adjustable quick couplers, one universal can tap, one valve-core wrench, three different adapters, one easy-to-understand instruction manual, and one tool bag to keep everything together. They have also included a hose repair kit to keep your pump working for a long time.
- There color-coded charging hoses to make it easier to use and understand.